Ranger (3 CP)
- 1 Knowledge (Novice) skill from: Natural, Military, or Social (any)
- Healing Herbs
- Medium Weapon (Any)
- Eagle Eye OR Ravage
- Savage Parry OR Feral Cunning;
- ONE OF: Light Armor, Combat Reflexes, OR Flesh Armor.
- Heroic Dodge, Heroic Strike, Heroic Shot, OR Heroic Healing (any 1)
When city folk venture into the wood, they huddle together, shrinking back from the darkness, fearful of hidden eyes and sudden attack. Often, those hidden eyes are yours, though only your enemies have real reason to fear. You are the Ranger-- those who wander the wilds and stand watch against the ever-growing shadow that has fallen over Brittanis
You are the crow-eyed watcher in the woods, the silent hunter of beasts, the guardian beyond the gates. As a Ranger, you stalk the wild places, depending on your skill with bow or blade to survive.
What drives you? Revenge against a blood-sworn foe? A thirst for secrets grown over with root and vine? Desire to defend humanity, or to escape it? Regardless of your purpose, you will hunt it, chase it, run it down, until your quarry finally yields itself to you. That dedication is the way of the Ranger.
When you unlock this header, you gain the skill Nature's Bounty for free. The 0 CP version is considered the first purchase.
Nature's Bounty (0, 3, 4 CP)
- This skill allows you to live in the wild. So long as you do not maintain the trappings of civilized lands, and your clothing and accessories appear primitive, you do not have to pay monetary or food maintenance costs.You cannot use this skill if you end an event with a condition that prevent theuse of game skills. You have Commoner Maintenance.
- 2nd Purchase: You can pay the Commoner Maintenance price and get Gentry Maintenance.
- 3rd Puchase: You can pay the Gentry price and get Noble Maintenance.
Armor of the Woods (3, 3, 3 CP)
Requires 2 skills purchased from this header.
Avoid Trap (2 CP, 2 Stamina; Battle)
- To use this skill you must incorporate vines with leaves into your costume. The base value of any armor or armor effect that you use is increased by one. This requires your armor prop to obviously show the modifications listed above. This effect stacks with Grant effects.
- 2nd Purchase: More leaves and vines must be added, armor bonus total increase of 2.
- 3rd Purchase: Armor must appear to be made of vines and/or vegetation, armor bonus total increase of 3.
Wyld Strike (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle)
- You call, “Avoid by Nature,” to negate the effects of one Trap. This skill protects only you and items on your person; other people or objects in the area, for instance the contents of a box, will still be affected.
Strength of Stone (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Rest)
- You make a melee attack for “[Tier+2] Damage by Nature."If the attack is successful (is not blocked or defended against), you immediately call, "Heal 1 to Self by Nature."
- 2nd Purchase: “Heal 2 to Self by Nature."
- 3rd Purchase: “Heal 3 to self by Nature."
Requires 5 skills from this header.
Ironbark Blessing (3, 2, 2, 2 CP; 1 Stamina; Spell, Watch)
- You gain 1 melee or THROWN weapon attack for, “2 Damage and Slam by Nature.”
- 2nd Purchase: 2 melee attacks.
- 3rd Purchase: “[Tier+1] Damage and Slam by Nature,”
Taking Up the Chase (2 CP, 1 Stamina)
- You call “Imbue by Ironbark Blessing” and gain 1 use of “Resist by Nature” vs a Maim effect.
- 2nd Purchase: you can cast this spell by touch on a willing target by calling, “Grant Defense: Resist Maim by Nature”
- 3rd Purchase: either “Double Imbue by Ironbark Blessing” when cast on self or, “Grant Defense: Double Resist Maim by Nature”
- 4th Purchase: either “Triple Imbue by Ironbark Blessing” when cast on self or, “Grant Defense: Triple Resist Maim by Nature”
Requires Favored Enemy.
Purge Corruption (3, 2, 2 CP; 1 Stamina; Rest)
- You may mark an opponent and then track them. You spend a point of Stamina , call out "Inflict Hunted by Nature"and strike an opponent with a melee or packet attack. The opponent gains the Hunted trait. You may later call out "By My Voice, Expose Hunted by Nature” to reveal their presence. Once you have successfully marked an opponent you may later expose them one time at no additional Stamina cost. Each additional use of this skill to expose the target costs an additional point of Stamina.
Pursue Corruption (3, 3, 3 CP; 1 Stamina; Spell, Watch)
- You call “Purge by Nature” when hit with an effect that has the Malediction, Darkness, or Aberrant traits.
- 2nd Purchase: you can cast this spell by touch on a willing target by calling, “Grant Defense: Purge (Darkness/Malediction/Aberrant)" You must choose which of the three Traits you want each time you use the skill.
- 3rd Purchase: "Double Grant Defense..."
Natural Ferocity (3, 3, 3, CP; 1 Stamina; Battle)
- You call “Resist by Nature” when hit with a Root, Slow, or Slam effect.
- 2nd Purchase: can use this twice per casting.
- 3rd Purchase: can use this three times per casting.
Must have Sudden Strike 2.
Distract The Prey (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle)
- You can make a melee or missile attack for “5 Damage by Nature.”
- 2nd Purchase: usable 2/battle.
- 3rd Purchase: usable 3/battle.
Requires 5 skills from this header.
Buckler (3 CP)
- You can make 1 melee or missile attack for, “Short Paralyze by Nature.”
- 2nd Purchase: “Paralyze by Nature.”
- 3rd Purchase: “Double Paralyze by Nature.”
Shield (3 CP)
- This skill allows you to use a buckler. You cannot use a larger shield with this skill.
Medium Armor (5 CP)
- This skill allows you to use a full sized shield. You cannot throw packet delivered effects while you have a full sized shield in your hand.
Requires Light Armor. You may wear Medium Armor.
Two- Weapon Fighting (2, 4 CP)
Sudden Strike (3, 3, 3, CP; 1 Stamina; Battle)
- This skill allows you to use a Small of Short melee weapon in your off hand while also wielding a Small, Short, or Medium melee weapon in your main hand.
- 2nd Purchase: can use a Medium weapon in your off-hand.
Bring Down the Stag (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle)
- You can make a melee attack or missile for “3 Damage.”
- 2nd Purchase: usable 2/battle
- 3rd Purchase: “[Tier+2] Damage”
Must have 5 skills from this header.
Stop the Advance (3, 2, 2 CP; 2 Stamina; Rest)
- You gain 1 melee or missile attack for, “2 Damage and Slam by Nature.”
- 2nd Purchase: “[Tier+1] Damage and Slam by Nature”
- 3rd Purchase: You gain 2 melee attacks.
Combat Reflexes (4, 4, 4 CP, up to 3 Stamina; Watch)
- You gain 2 melee or missile attacks for “2 Damage and Short Root by Nature.”
- 2nd Purchase: “2 Damage and Root by Nature.”
- 3rd Purchase: You gain 3 melee attacks.
Wolf Pack Tactics (3, 3, 3 CP, 3 Stamina; Battle)
- You know how to move in combat so as to minimize the damage you take. You may pay up to three points of Stamina to give yourself an equal number of armor points. You may not use this skill while wearing a prop that gives armor points, and these points are lost if you put on or activate any other armor or ability that gives you armor points—this includes any temporary armor from a Grant effect. If you are using this skill and gain armor points from physical armor or another ability that gives you armor points, these points are lost. These armor points may be refreshed if you spend one minute of activity to do so, such as stretching. You cannot move or refresh game skills while refreshing armor. The armor points last until your Stamina is refreshed.
- 2nd Purchase: you gain armor points equal to the number of Stamina you spend +1.
- 3rd Purchase: You can spend up to Tier +2 Stamina on this skill.
Requires 3 skills from this header.
Hunter’s Resilience (3, 3, 3 CP, 2 Stamina; Battle)
- You can make 1 melee or missile attack for, “Short Maim [limb] by Nature.”
- 2nd Purchase: “Maim [limb] by Nature.”
- 3rd Puchase: “Double Maim [limb] by Nature.”
Conceal Object (2, 2, 2, 2 CP, 1 Stamina)
- So long as you are conscious you may spend 3 seconds of Activity roleplaying – wiping blood from your face, shakingyour head clear, or similar actions - to shrug off your wounds. Call, “Heal 2 to Self and Short Slow by Nature.”
- 2nd Purchase: Usable twice before rest.
- 3rd Purchase: call, “Heal [Tier+1] to Self and Short Slow by Nature,”
Disengage (2 CP, 1 Stamina)
- You may spend one point of Stamina to hide an object on your person for five minutes. During this time, if you are searched, you do not have to give up the item. The item cannot be in plain sight when the skill is used—it must be in a pouch, under a shirt, in a backpack or otherwise obscured from view. The skill’s effect will last for the full 5 minutes even if you are disabled or even killed before it expires.
- 2nd and subsequent purchases: You can hide 1 additional object subject to the same restrictions.
Favored Enemy (5 CP, +1 Stamina)
- If you are fighting with a melee weapon, you may spend one point of Stamina to use the “Disengage” effect as described in the core rules.
Requires 5 skills from this header.
Example: Kaelan the Ranger has chosen Favored Enemy: Undead. He faces down a death knight, and uses the Sudden Strike skill. Because he is facing his favored enemy, he spends an additional +1 Stamina (total of 2) and calls, "5 Damage" for that one strike, so long as it is against the undead he is fighting.
Reveal the Prey (2 CP, 1 Stamina)
- There is an enemy you have a particular skill or passion for hunting. Choose one of the following foes: Beast, Infernal, Fae, Dwarf, Giant, Human, Fomorian, Skraeling, Insect, Reptile, or Undead. You can pay 1 additional Stamina when using a called damage effect to add +2 to that damage effect.
Requires Favored Enemy.
Forego the Forge (4, 5, CP; 2 Stamina;)
- Your chosen prey may run, but they cannot hide from you. You may use this skill to expose an enemy you have selected as your prey with Favored Enemy. Pay a point of Stamina to call out "By My Voice, Expose [Favored Enemy] by Nature” to reveal all enemies. You may only expose enemies you have selected with the Favored Enemy skill.
Requires Light Armor.
Last Stand (2 CP, Day)
- Choose 1 set of armor you own. This choice cannot be changed until the beginning of the next Watch. So long as your chosen armor has Primary Material: Leather, Wood, or Stone, you can spend 3 minutes of activity and then call, “Refresh Armor by Nature” on that set of armor.
- 2nd Purchase: 1 minute of activity
Nature's Embrace (5 CP, 3 Stamina; Day)
- Once per day you may negate any melee attack that strikes you. Call out “Resist by [Heroic Trait]” to negate the attack.
Nimble (3 CP, 2 Stamina)
- When you are violently struck down you are sustained by the wilderness around you. This skill may only be used while cloaked by nature, where you are touching a tree or if there are multiple trees between you and any visible buildings. While cloaked by nature if you become Unstable you may pay 3 points of Stamina as you fall to immediately become Stable. You may use this skill to take an extra step while falling down so you lay down touching the roots or trunk of a tree.
Open Sealed Portal (2CP, 1 Stamina)
- You are dexterous enough to avoid some parts of physical challenges. If you activate the effect of a physical challenge, such as stepping onto unsafe terrain, you may spend two Stamina to call “Resist by Nature” and negate the effect.
Ranger’s Heroic Deflection (2 CP, per day)
- This skill allows you to open sealed portals, which may include doors, drawers, and boxes. Sealed portals will bemarked with a blue sticker. Spend a point of Stamina to open the portal; it then remains unsealed until the actual, physical portal is closed, at which point the portal re-seals. The skill does not allow you to bypass locks, traps,or other hindrances.
Setting the Limb (4 CP, 2 Stamina)
- Call out “Parry by [Heroic Virtue] to negate one melee, missile or packet attack.
Weapons of the Wild (3, 3, 3 CP, 2 Stamina; Battle)
- You have learned to quickly set maimed limbs. You must have one free and functioning hand to use this skill. You touch the recipient on the maimed limb with a packet and roleplay setting the limb for 1 minute, then call out "Cure Maim [Limb] and Slow by Nature” to fix the limb.
Requires Two-Weapon Fighting 2.
- As long as you are wielding either two spears, two axes, or one of each, you can spend 2 Stamina to gain 3 melee or missile attacks for “3 Damage”
- 2nd Purchase: usable twice before rest.
- 3rd Purchase: usable three times before rest.