Druid (3 CP)
Any 2 Knowledge skills [Novice]
Speak with Beast or Plant
Heroic Will, Heroic Healing, OR Heroic Vitality (any 1)
NOTE Brittanis DOES NOT attempt to replicate or portray a real-world religion in any way, shape, or form. The name is present because it is a well-known fantasy trope, and a fun character concept to play. For the same reason there is no "Catholic Priest" class, the druid class has little or no resemblance to real-world druidry. Brittanis is a fantasy world-- this is a fantasy interpretation of the druid. Don't get the two confused---you'll get your feelings hurt.
Free SkillWhen you unlock this header, you gain the All Magic Is One skill for free. The 0 CP version is considered the 1st Purchase. All Magic is One (0, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5 CP) Your connection to the spirits and energies of nature grant you an unprecedented mastery of magic. You may choose one category of Spell, choosing from any Art or Season EXCEPT Light and Shadow. You gain Major access to that Art or Season. You gain the Battle Trait associated with the Magical Art or Season, if applicable. If you purchase this skill multiple times, you can choose either a new Magical Art or a new Season.
Druid SkillsAgent of the Wyld (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, CP) Each time you purchase this skill, you gain a point of Wyld that can be used in place of Stamina to power Primal skills with the Spell keyword. Animal Form (5, 3, 3, 3, 3 CP, 3 Stamina, Spell; Watch) Requires 3 skills purchased from this header. You may retreat to a private place and transform into an animal form. When you purchase this skill, pick 1 kind of animal from the categories listed below. When you shapeshift, change into a costume appropriate for the animal for you have chosen. When you change into your animal form you cannot use your own skills, but instead gain the skills of the form you have chosen. You may stay in the animal form as long as you like, but the skills of that form once paid cannot be refreshed. When you transform into your animal form, you MUST change your costume so that it is obvious you have shapeshifted. You must get approval from Staff for the shapeshift costume before you can use this skill.
- 2nd Purchase: You can use this skill 2/watch. You can use Racial skills in Animal Form.
- 3rd Purchase: Choose a second animal type. You can shapeshift into either of those forms. In addition, you can use use Background Skills in Animal Form.
- 4th Purchase: Beast Form gets +2 Vitality and Armor, +1 use of Animal Form "per battle" skills. You can use skills without the Spell Keyword from the Primal Source header or any Primal Class while in Animal Form.
- 5th Purchase: You can use any skill without the Spell keyword while in Animal Form.
Green Knight (3 CP)
REQUIRES:Light Armor Detect Corruption Inspired by Primal Ravage OR Savage Parry Medium Weapon (Axe OR Spear), Archery OR Thrown Weapon Knowledge: Nature (Novice) Heroic Strike, Heroic Shot, Heroic Healing OR Heroic Might (any 1) The "civilized" courts whisper strange tales of wild knights of the wilderness-- heavily-armored warriors owing fierce allegiance to none but the impersonal forces of nature; roving through wood and civilized land alike, they pursue a calling that few non-initiates understand. You are one such warrior. You laugh at such tales. You understand a Green Knight's honor perfectly well - it is your calling. You and your brother and sister knights are the champions of individual powers of the wild: your honor may be pledged to the summer sun at noon, or the great oak whose roots form the shape of a dragon, or the grandfather boar dwelling near Lingwen's cave. In your travels, your deeds gain honor and regard for your patron, and in return, your patron protects and assists you. At times you may find yourself facing a brother or sister Green Knight whose patron opposes your own; at other times, acts of chivalry and battle prowess suitable to more commonplace knights and warriors will suffice to advance your cause. Your honor empowers your shield, your devotion makes your axe keener than any mortal blade, and the blessing of your patron strengthens your armor. Let them tell their stories, laden with impossible feats and inscrutable games - before you pass from this land, your legend will be greater still. --flavor text by K. Reynolds-Geir
Free SkillWhen you unlock this header, you gain the skill Armed by The Wild for free. The 0 CP version counts as the first purchase. Armed by the Wild (0, 5 CP) The first lessons after initiation as a Green Knight are focused around the arms and armor of the order. A new-made Green Knight learns to wear and move in heavier armors and use shields for defense. You can wear Medium Armor and use a Buckler, so long as the Primary Materials used to craft the item is not metal. 2nd Purchase: You can wear Heavy Armor and use a Shield, subject to the same restrictions.
Green Knight SkillsDistract The Prey (4, 4, 4 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle) Requires 4 skills from this header. You can make 1 melee attack for, “Short Paralyze by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase (requires Tier 2): “Paralyze by Nature.” · 3rd Purchase: “Double Paralyze by Nature.” Primal Blessing (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle, Spell) When you purchase this skill for the first time, choose Physical, Mental, or Metabolic. You can touch a target and call, “Cure X by Nature” where X is the Category you chose. · 2nd Purchase (requires Tier 2): Choose another of the 3 options for 1st Purchase. You can call EITHER of those Categories when you use this skill. For example, you could call, “Cure Physical” or “Cure Mental”, but not “Cure Physical and Mental.” · 3rd Purchase (requires Tier 3): you can use all three Categories for this skill, but not at the same time, subject to the restrictions in 2nd Purchase. Emerald Ferocity (3, 3, 3 CP; 1 Stamina; Battle) You can make a melee attack for “5 Damage by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase: usable 2/battle · 3rd Purchase: usable 3/battle. Defiler’s Doom (4, 4, 4 CP; 2 Stamina) You can make a melee attack for, “Short Drain Magic by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase: “Drain Magic by Nature.” · 3rd Purchase: “[Tier] Damage and Drain Magic by Nature,” Purge Corruption (3, 2, 2 CP; 1 Stamina; Rest) You call “Purge by Nature” against an effect that has the Darkness, Corruption, or Blood trait. · 2nd Purchase: you can cast this spell by touch on a willing target by calling, “Grant Defense: Purge X by Nature” where X is one of the traits listed. · 3rd Purchase: Touch a target and call, “Cure X by Nature” instead of Purge. Pursue Corruption (3, 2, 2 CP; 1 Stamina; Rest) You call “Imbue to self by Pursue Corruption” and call, “Shield by Nature” against the next Root, Slow, or Repel effect that hits you. · 2nd Purchase: you can cast this spell by touch on a willing target by calling, “Grant Defense: Shield X by Nature” where X is one of the effects listed. · 3rd Purchase: replace“Shield” with “Resist” Writhing Vines (3, 3, 3 CP; 1 Stamina; Rest) You gain two packet attacks for “Short Root by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase: Call “Root by Nature.” · 3rd Purchase: Call, “Double Root by Nature.” Ironbark Blessing (3, 2, 2 CP; 1 Stamina; Watch) You call “Imbue by Ironbark Blessing” and you can call, “Resist by Nature” when hit by a Maim. · 2nd Purchase: you can cast this spell by touch on a willing target by calling, “Grant Defense: Resist Maim by Nature” · 3rd Purchase: If cast on yourself, you gain 2 Resists vs Maim, and if cast on another, call, “Grant Defense: Double Resist vs Maim by Nature.” Natural Endurance (3, 3, 3, 3 CP) Your maximum Stamina permanently increases by 1. Verdant Health (3, 3, 3 CP) Your maximum Vitality permanently increases by 1. Call of the Beast (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle; Rest) Requires 5 skills from this header. You gain 1 packet attack for “Short Frenzy by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase (requires Tier 2): “Frenzy by Nature.” · 3rd Purchase: 2 packet attacks. Storm Spike (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle; Rest) You gain a packet attack for “[Tier+1] Damage by Lightning,” · 2nd Purchase: “[Tier+1] Damage and Agony by Lightning.” · 3rd Purchase: [Tier+2] Emerald Strike (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle) You make a melee attack for “[Tier+2] Damage by Nature." If the attack hits (is not blocked or defended against), you immediately call, "Heal 2 to Self by Nature." · 2nd Purchase: [Tier+3] Damage · 3rd Purchase: "Heal 3 to Self by Nature." Strength of Stone (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Rest) Requires 5 skills from this header. You make a melee attack for, “2 Damage and Slam by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase (requires Tier 2): 2 melee attacks. · 3rd Purchase: 3 attacks Thorn Strike (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Rest) You gain 2 melee attacks for “2 Damage and Short Root by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase: “2 Damage and Root by Nature. · 3rd Purchase: 3 melee attacks Reap the Harvest (3, 3, 3 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle, Spell) When you drop an unwilling enemy to 0 Vitality, you can touch your weapon to the enemy’s torso, spend 2 Stamina, and call, “Heal [Tier+1] and Short Slow To Self by Nature,” . · 2nd Purchase: Heal [Tier+2] · 3rd Purchase: usable twice before you must rest. Mending Touch (2, 2, 2 CP; 1 Stamina; Watch; Rest) You can touch a Destroyed item and call, “Repair by Nature.” · 2nd Purchase: usable twice before you must rest. · 3rd Purchase: usable 3 times before you must rest. Renewing Shower (4, 4, 4 CP; 2 Stamina; Battle) You can call, “By My Voice, Heal [Tier] and Short Slow by Nature,” 2nd Purchase: [Tier+1.] 3rd Purchase: “By My Voice to Hero, Heal [Tier+1] and Short Slow by Nature.” Magic of the Wyld (4 CP) You may select one spell list, choosing from Autumn, Spring, Summer, or Winter. You gain Major Access to that Season according to all rules from the Spellcasting section. You gain the Battle Trait associated with the Season, if applicable.
Shaman (3 CP)REQUIRES:
- Any 2 Knowledge (Novice) skills
- Detect Corruption
- Healing Herbs
- Omens & Portents
- Heroic Will, Heroic Endurance, OR Heroic Vitality (any 1)
You are sensitive to the spirits of the world around you. You can perceive the spirits that infuse everything in the world, and you can communicate with them.You have learned to call on their aid and that is how you cast your magic. The spirits you see are all connected to the tapestry of fate. You are familiar with the Veil—the barrier between our world and the Otherworld—and you can sometimes reach through it and harness that power. You see spirits of the past—those mortals and creatures who have come before you in the distant past or even sometimes from ancient civilizations lost to time.
You see the spirits of the present—most nature spirits tend to live in a perpetual“now” that keeps their attention focused on the current moment. You also seethe ephemeral spirits of the future—those who have yet to come, and whisper of great triumphs or terrible doom.The life of a Shaman is a dangerous one—some spirits are benign, but many are protective, desperate, or aggressive towards mortals who can detect their presence. Worst of all are the spirits who have been tainted by Darkness or corrupted by the forces that loose Malediction upon the world. Most shamans do not listen to spirits tainted by these forces so they are not driven mad by their dark whispers.
Shamans have many powers that are seen as dark or sometimes even evil by more “civilized” folk. Many of a shaman’s abilities interact with the dead—especially since one of the tasks most sacred to shamans is the destruction of the undead in order to free the corrupted spirits held trapped within the Risen. Most city folk don’t understand that in order to hunt something, you must understand it—and thus most shamans are mistrusted or downright reviled by those who do not understand them.
Free SkillWhen you unlock this header, you gain the Circle of Bones skill for free. The 0 CP version counts as the 1st purchase. Circle of Bones (0, 3, 3, 4 CP; Gloaming) You create an enchanted circle of bones and skulls at least 5' in diameter either alone or with other shamans. Once you prepare the circle it cannot be moved for the remainder of the watch. Shamans can share a single circle but once you use this ability for the day, you are bound to the circle you activated this ability in and you cannot use another circle until that circle expires at the end of the watch or is dispelled, countered, etc. Each shaman must bind a spirit to the circle individually. While you are in this circle you may spend five minutes of Activity calling to the spirits and bind one to you. This willing spirit empowers you with a pool of Gloaming energy. For each skill purchased with the Gloaming keyword, you gain 1 point of Gloaming in this pool up to a maximum of 10 points. You may pay a point from your Gloaming pool to touch a packet to an ally and call out "Heal 3 and Agony by Spirit" –OR—you can use these points in place of Stamina for using abilities from this header. The points from your pool CAN BE refreshed at the beginning of the next Watch, but you must rest for at least 5 minutes inside the circle to refresh the Gloaming points. If your circle is disturbed then you must spend an additional minute purifying and reforming the circle. 2nd Purchase: Your Gloaming pool is permanently increased by +1. 3rd Purchase: Your Gloaming pool is permanently increased by +2. 4th Purchase: Your Gloaming pool is permanently increased by +3.
Shaman SkillsSpirit Magic (3, 3, 3, 3 CP) You can choose a magical category to buy spells from. You can pick the Magical Arts of Shadow, Earth or Air; you may also select either Autumn or Winter from the Seasons spell list. You gain Major Access to that Art or Season.
- Each time you purchase a new category of spells to choose from.
- You can make a packet attack for “Short Drain by Spirit.”
- 2nd Purchase: “Drain by Spirit
- 3rd Purchase: “Double Drain by Spirit.
- You make a packet attack for,“Short Weakness by Spirit.”
- 2nd Purchase: “Weakness by Spirit”
- 3rd Purchase: 2 packets.
- You may spend a minute of Activity roleplaying to empower a skull prop with the power of Gloaming. The prop may be part of a staff or even affixed to your armor so long as it appears as bone and it is the size of a human skull or larger if it is the skull of an animal or beast. So long as you touch this skull you may change the Trait of any skill without the Spell keyword to "by Fear". You may also add the Bane Trait "to Undead" as a Special Trait for any skill you have purchased from this header.
- You call “Imbue by Death Ward” and then you can call, “Reduce and Drain to Self” against one Death effect.
- 2nd Purchase: you can cast this spell by touch on a willing target by calling, “Grant Defense: Reduce Death and Drain to Self”
- 3rd Purchase: Call “Reduce and SHORT Drain to Self.”
- You can make a packet attack for “Short Paralyze by Spirit.”
- 2nd Purchase: “Paralyze by Spirit
- 3rd Purchase: “Double Paralyze by Spirit.
- So long as you do not maintain the trappings of civilized lands, and your clothing and accessories appear primitive, you do not have to pay monetary or food maintenance costs.You cannot use this skill if you end an event with a condition that prevent the use of game skills. You have Commoner Maintenance.
- 2nd Purchase: You can pay the Commoner Maintenance price and get Gentry Maintenance.
- 3rd Puchase: You can pay the Gentry price and get Noble Maintenance.
- This skill allows you to hold and use any blunt weapon made from bone while you are casting spells, overriding the restriction that casting requires both hands to be empty. You must have a skill with the weapon in question to use this ability. Bone weapons cannot be brought into game unless special means are used to create and maintain them.
- You sequester yourself in trance and meditation and call to the spirits for their aid as sources of wisdom. You may pursue knowledge about shamanic matters in a graveyard or other sacred place. This is an information skill that does not require you to pay money. You submit a question between events as described in the Information Skills section. If the question is appropriate for the spirits, you may receive knowledge appropriate to your question.
- 2nd Purchase: You can ask 2 questions per window.
- 3rd Purchase: You can sacrifice money or trade goods to the spirits for increased cooperation and accuracy. You choose how much you sacrifice.
- 4th Purchase: You can ask 3 questions per window.
- When Death or a Reaper comes to collect those with the Deathmarked trait, you may accompany one willing character. When you cross the barrier into the Underworld, you call, "Imbue to Self: Spirit." The Spirit only ends when you leave the Underworld again.
- 2nd Purchase: You can aid one Hero per challenge in the Otherworld during the Long Walk. Your successes and failures can affect their outcome-- for good OR ill.
- You can call, "By My Voice, Expose Dead."
- 2nd Purchase: usable 1/battle
- 3rd Purchase: You can call, "By My Voice, Expose Undead by Gloaming!"
- You may spend 1 STA and gain the ability to talk to one creature with the Spirit trait. You must use this skill each time you wish to speak to a different Spirit. This lasts until you rest.
- Once per battle, you can use a Death Strike on a foe YOU have defeated and call, "Imbue by Gloaming." If you gain the Unstable trait before the end of the current Day, you can call, "Purge Unstable and Heal 1 by Gloaming!"
- 2nd Purchase: usable 1/watch
- 3rd Purchase: Heal 2
- 4th Purchase: Heal [Tier+2]
- Once per watch, if you witness an ally become a Spirit of the Dead, you can call, "Refresh 2 Stamina to Self by Death."
- 2nd Purchase: ""Refresh 2 Stamina and Heal 2 to Self by Death."
- 3rd Purchase: usable 1/watch.
- With this skill, sometimes you can make sense of the constant chatter. You will receive a small message at check-in relating to something at the event. It may be something like "An assassin wears a red hat" or "Open a door for an old man" or something similar. If used between events this skill requires 3 Downtime to be spent.