This forum is still being tested! Please report any bugs, problems, or questions to LivM4 so they can be investigated and resolved.

Brittanis Signature Template for Forums

edited April 2015 in Staff Announcements

Signatures have a specific format. Signatures are the only means we have to help people keep track of PCs, NPCs, and staff members. I know this is different from many other forums, where signatures are a playground of personal whimsy. If it helps, don't think of it as a forum signature.  Think of it as an ID badge that becomes your access pass to the forums.

Anyone not following the signature format will be asked to fix it or leave the forums. Please don't make me boot you for something as silly as your name badge.

EDITING YOUR SIGNATURE

You can edit your signature by going to your Profile (click your username in the top menu) and click the "Edit Profile" button. There will be a "Signature Settings" option in the blue menu to the left.

You can choose to hide signatures, but we don't recommend it.

Once you've finished editing your signature, do not forget to save your work!

If you have really borked up your signature and can't seem to get the formatting right, I ( @LivM4 ) can go in and manually edit it. But I'd really prefer not to go in and mess with your profile if I don't have to, and I am generally a busy lady, so please do your best and have some patience for my response time.

SIGNATURE FORMAT

Players will need to put their PC's names, race, and faction, for each PC they play.  Revealing your class in your signature is optional, it is not required. Here's the format:

Name (race class/multiclass of faction)

If a Player holds a staff position, then like any staff position it can go in the top row. The colors for the staff positions are below (ready to copy and paste) so they will be consistent and very recognizeable at a glance.

So the format is: bold top row for staff positions (if you have one). Second row in normal grey for NPC names (if you have one). Third row in bold for PCs (if you have one), in the player's choice of readable (i.e. nothing like white, light grey, or light yellow text) color scheme that most reflects the character's kit. So if my PC's kit is a combination of green, white, black, and purple, I might choose some combination of green, purple and/or black for my PC line, so it "looks like" my character. Lemme give some examples:

----

Staff Position 1 ~ Staff Position 2 ~ Staff Position 3

NPC ~ NPC ~ NPC ~ NPC ~ NPC

PC (race, of faction)

----

or

----

Staff Position 1

PC (race, of faction) ~ PC (race, class of faction)

----

or

----

PC (race class/multiclass of faction)

----

STAFF POSITIONS AND THEIR COLORS

Co-Director

Player Liaison / Team Monster Liaison

Webinatrix

Team Monster

Logistics

Plot Advisory

Golden Phoenix Tavern

If you hold a staff position but don't know which of the above it fits into, feel free to ask the staff!

Webinatrix ~ Plot Advisory ~ Team Monster
Lady Silverhand ~ Lenna Green ~ Watcher Tizeerah ~ al-Evana Khaledari ~ Archivist of the Athenaeum

Comments

• I like the name, race and faction part of PC signatures. I strongly dislike that you want people to put their class in their signatures. That information is not necessarily public knowledge, and just generally takes away from roleplaying with the character as an individual. If people want to reveal their class, that is up to them, and could be really cool with some of the specialized classes. But it tends to lead to people being dismissive or judgmental, rather than fostering further conversation or roleplaying.
    Rhiannach mac Deidre mac Graine of Clan Dumnonni (Brynn)
  • Hmmm.  That's a good point.  This is what beta is for -- figuring out things like this!  Hey @JasonD80 and @CarolineD1 -- what do you think?
    Lady Silverhand ~ Lenna Green ~ Watcher Tizeerah ~ al-Evana Khaledari ~ Archivist of the Athenaeum
  • I'd say it's up to each person personally, some folks will be VERY open with who they are, some will be a bit more protective.  To me that's part of each person's character.
    Plot Advisory ~ Team Monster ~ Golden Phoenix Tavern
    NPCs: Watcher Kelth ~ Cooke, Servant of the Phoenix ~ Thav Ironfoot of Clan Proudstone
    PC: Medivander Cross Brittanic Cavalier/Questing Knight of House Ambrosius
  • @AlisonF8 I brought this up at staff meeting tonight, and we completely agreed to make the class in the signature line OPTIONAL.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
  • Jeremiah I read your signature as Cookie servant of the Phoenix.  And I was all "We have cookies at the Phoenix!!" Then I was a bit saddened, but we have fantastic cakes so life is still good. :D
    Serwyn (Norn of Lyoness, Shaman,  House Valerias)
  • <flex>
    Plot Advisory ~ Team Monster ~ Golden Phoenix Tavern
    NPCs: Watcher Kelth ~ Cooke, Servant of the Phoenix ~ Thav Ironfoot of Clan Proudstone
    PC: Medivander Cross Brittanic Cavalier/Questing Knight of House Ambrosius
  • Any way to get a template that those of us using a phone can have the color edits there for cut and paste?

Wanna comply but can't until I get home to a PC.
  • What Mike said^
  • Would it be possible for others to add it for Phone users ie an Admin?
    Gaulus Proudstone Sworn to House Blackwood (Free Dwarf) and ( Hearthwarden of Arturian)
    SyĆ²rpiir Aleandaar, Coronal of House Aleandaar