This forum is still being tested! Please report any bugs, problems, or questions to LivM4 so they can be investigated and resolved.

Event After-Care

Besides filling out your event surveys (of course) what are things you to to take care of yourself after an event?

Physically?  After weather, bugs, battle, and packing out, what do you find you need when you get home?

Emotionally?  Post-event highs and post-event drops are common.  How do you recharge your internal batteries, keep the good juju flowing, and prepare yourself to go back to the workaday world?

Inspirationally?  (I don't think that's really a word.  JUST GO WITH IT, FOLKS.)  There's always a dozen things that make me say, "Oooh, for the next event I should buy/make/pack..." ... that I forget by the time I get home.  Or I get home and I think, "Ooh, for the next event I really want to make this cool thing or upgrade this part of my camp/kit/etc..." ...and then by the time the next event rolls around, I realize that spark of inspiration had somehow been swept under the rug.  How do you stay inspired, and keep motivated to complete the projects?  Or how do you keep track of the ideas?
Webinatrix ~ Plot Advisory ~ Team Monster
Lady Silverhand ~ Lenna Green ~ Watcher Tizeerah ~ al-Evana Khaledari ~ Archivist of the Athenaeum

Comments

• After the Lilies War trip (heat and humidity and walking all over the woods and fields), I'm making sure to:
    • drink even more water (and a coconut water, too, to replace electrolytes)
    • shower off the event grime (I swear this is both physical and emotional after-care)
    • napping out and/or getting to bed early
    • putting aloe on the sunburn (and making myself a mental note about NEXT TIME, SUNSCREEN, even when covered from neck to ankle, including a head-covering veil.  Hmph.)
    • checking myself and my husband for any ticks that might have hitched a ride south from Smithville Lake
    • jotting down notes about GREAT IDEAS, new discoveries, and merchants worth patronizing again... before I sleep and forget most of it
    Webinatrix ~ Plot Advisory ~ Team Monster
    Lady Silverhand ~ Lenna Green ~ Watcher Tizeerah ~ al-Evana Khaledari ~ Archivist of the Athenaeum